Sunday, February 3, 2008

Funnies from the Jones'.....

We have been pretty slack lately with updating our blog; sorry!!! We have a lot going on to say the least. Here are some funnies recently heard around our house; it was more fun to post these than the winter funkiness that is otherwise going on!!

Our neighbors across the street are smokers and only smoke outside. From the window in our kitchen, we have a birds eye view of their back porch. Since it has turned cold, the Mom bundles up in a huge blanket when she is outside smoking. The other morning Mac says to me (in his covert spy whisper), "Mommy, do you see that (pointing across the street)?" "See what?" I ask. Again pointing he says, "Over there, look! It's the Baby Jesus!"

Mac: "Mommy, I want to go outside on a tricycle ride"
Me: "I don't think so Mac, you don't feel very good"
Mac: "But I want to go outside on a tricycle ride"
Me: "Honey, you are a little bit sickly and I think you should stay inside"
Mac: "But I not sick, I smilin'!"

The other night Michael was putting Mac to bed. He had just finished up a story and prayers and was getting ready to leave his room. I was in our bedroom and this is what I overheard.
Michael: "Okay buddy, just turn off the light when you are finished looking at the book. I love you, nite nite."
Then Michael comes into our bedroom.
Me: "Uh, excuse me, but when did this new routine of him staying up to look at books begin?"
Michael: "It's just for a few minutes!"
Me: "Okay, so the next time he asks me to keep the light on when it is time to go to sleep and I say "no", you know I am going to get it, don't you?"
Michael: "Well I think that now would be a perfect time for me to tell you that when you are not around I let him smoke crack"



post signature

5 comments:

Susie said...

Those are great! We need to let Michael and Chris try one day in our shoes. He does the SAME THING! Ahhh, Men! Mac cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Miss those Days! Hope you are well.. Susan

Anonymous said...

test...test....
Slowly I am coming to blog world-
amy

Dena said...

hahahahahahah- oh that michael is soooo funny!

Jeffcoat House said...

That Michael is my kind of man! There is a reason for Cole's hair being so crazy looking!