Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen reasons why April is quickly becoming one of my most favorite months!!!

1. It's my baby girl's birthday month!!! I can't believe she will be two next week! It is also my Dad's birthday month...the more cake the merrier!!
2. Easter, well usually. This year it fell early, but often Easter is in April and it is one of my favorite holidays.
3. Storms. April showers bring May flowers!! I love a good thunderstorm. I love to watch it roll in, the smell, the thunder and lightening, the darkness, all of it. Can you tell I grew up in the south where we always welcomed the rain?
4. Flip flops. Okay, so you can almost wear them year around here, but come on, they have been put up for two months. Two whole months!!
5. St Paul's Tea Room. Oh, this year was only my second year going, but I have been looking forward to it since last year. The best tomato pie ever..I even eat the crust!
6. Warmer weather. It is officially warmer in April. Not to hot, not too cold, just right!
7. Lower pollen count. For all of the suffering you endure in March, April is welcome with open arms. Rough.
8. Everything's green. Suddenly you are driving down the road and everything is so crisp and green like the trees have bloomed overnight. It is so nice!!!
9. Flowertown Festival. This is awesome and is always the first month of April. It is packed...by far the best town festival I have ever been to. Great food, great vendors, rides for the kids, etc. Did I mention the awesome kettle corn??? Check out our pics below from this years trip.
10. Less clothes. Short sleeve shirts, skirts and shorts. Ahhhh, the comfort.
11. Shopping. This is always on my list of "favorites". Since my birthday is in March and I always get money, I always use it to go shopping. Spring clothes are my very, very favorite to shop for!!
12. Tax time. For some it is dreaded but not so much this year for us. We did really good and with the stimulus package, everybody did good. The refunds are usually rolling in by this month. Plus those hokey tax filing commercials can now stop.
13. Longer days. Well, this officially fell earlier too this year. However I became desperate for a #13 so there you go.






post signature

2 comments:

Dena said...

ALL awesome reasons we love spring and the ville! CUTE pictures of the kids - and michael's alright too!

Jeffcoat House said...

Super duper! I wish we had a lower pollen count, here; but oh no, we're still kickin' it!