Thursday, July 3, 2008

Express Yourself!!!

Where is my camera when I need it...and even if I have it, I can't seem to work it fast enough! I have seen several bumper stickers lately that have cracked me up. I was telling Michael about them and he told me about some that he had seen recently too. I don't have any bumper stickers or stickers of any kind on my car. Some people take it way too far I think; like they are trying to see how many they can get on there. Then there are some who have just a couple that they thought were hilarious when they first put them on (and unique), but now they look stupid because everyone else has one like it too (did they think that the store would stop selling them after they bought one??). I will go ahead and throw her under the bus because she doesn't have a blog or uncommon name, but my friend Amy made me swear to her one time that I would never put those stupid "Mom" stickers on my car as my kids got older. You know, the ones like "My kid is an excellent student at such and such.." or the one of the football with the kids name and number in the middle. I know it is a huge source of pride for parents..I don't mean to knock it. But sometimes, just like fashion, a little teeny detail of self expression goes a long way. There's my thought for the day and below are a couple of my favorites.

Don't be fooled by the car. My real treasure is in heaven

Nobody died when Clinton lied

Support wildlife. Throw a party!

Piss off a liberal. Work hard and be happy. {my personal favorite}

If the van is a rockin' don't come a knockin'

(CBS logo here {it looks like an eye}) see BS

Work harder, millions of people on welfare are depending on you!



post signature

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah, that sounds like Amy! Still trying to talk her into blogging!
I agree on the BS- bumper stickers, that is!

Dena said...

I really LOVE a good bumper sticker they make a drive chuckle worthy!!!

Margaret said...

Too funny! I saw one yesterday that said "when I die I want to be buried upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass" .....classy, huh? :)