Thursday, August 7, 2008

Weekly Roundup...Tour de South Georgia





Well, it's the weekly round up of pictures and updates. We went to Waycross, Valdosta and everywhere in between last week. Papa (my Daddy) retired after almost 39 years with Georgia Power. What a moving ceremony! I have always been proud of my father, but on this day I was able to see him through his coworkers eyes. I was even more proud of him than ever before. My Dad is a hard worker, this I knew. However he was such a good friend to so many. Needless to say there were lots of tears shed. I love you Daddy and am SOOOOO proud of you!! After a brief adjustment period I am sure he will settle right in to retirement! We had such a good time visiting with aunts, uncles and cousins whom we don't get to see very often!


We also were able to have a good visit with Paul and Nancy whom we love to pieces! Paul has a tractor; translation: Mac is in love. Even though the visit was during naptime and they got to see the kids at their finest (enter sarcasm here), we all had a great time!! We can't wait to see you again!!

So, we're back at home in our beds and catching up on rest. Unfortunately Daddy couldn't go, so Mommy is whipped! Now we will try and have our last little bit of summer fun and get ready for school to start!


post signature

2 comments:

Jeffcoat House said...

WOWSA! You some busy peeps! Congrats to your dad!

Shannon said...

Yeah, my dad retired from work and the National Guard within 6 months of each other. We went to both parties/ceremonies and it was really amazing to see him, as you said, in other people's eyes. IT was very touching to hear some of the things people said, but I guess that's was 40+ years of dedication will get you!