Friday, December 21, 2007

Just feeling Thankful....

Perusing through some blogs, taking a break from reality I am suddenly overcome with gratiude. Great, great gratitude. I have had a yucky day, and this is a bright spot, so if you feel so inclined to read, beware as I may ramble!!!

I am thankful for so much that I really don't have the space, time or energy to list them all. I am first and foremost so incredibly greatful for the fact that this Christmas, I am suddenly aware of its truest meaning. I mean of course I have gone to church all of my life and I know the meaning of Christmas. However this year it means so much more to me. "O Holy Night" and "Do you hear what I hear" bring tears to my eyes almost every time. I know that it is because Mac is now old enough to understand Christmas, and I feel the full weight of responsibility to explain to him the true meaning. I love him so much and I delight when he can point out the baby Jesus among all of the other loud decorations out there. How is it that I never owned a nativity scene until this year??!! So glad I splurged the $9.88 and got one at Wal-Mart!!

I am thankful for my husband and children; my family. You can ask my grandmother and to this day she will tell you "all Buffie ever wanted was to get married and have babies!!" I desired a mommy, daddy and babies all under one roof so badly...I dreamed of it like some may dream of a specific career. There are so many days that I thank God that I am living my dream. I have all I have ever wanted.

Lastly I just want to say how greatful I am for my friends. They listen to me rant, teach me patience, love me unconditionally, challenge me and make me laugh all of the time. ALL OF THE TIME!!! Laughter is so much better than tears...I am so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life.

So, this Christmas, I am excited about the traditions we are beginning as a family, about the wonderful life through Christ I get to convey to my babies and for all the warmth I feel in my heart and soul. The warmth and happiness that only come from a life that is complete with Christ, family and friends. I only pray that I can somehow pass on my good fortune!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!



post signature

7 comments:

LeslieW. said...

Yea! I want to see tha Nativity set! I love mine so much I borrowed another one from my mom so I could have more!

Jeffcoat House said...

Girl, you pass it on just by being YOU! Love you!

The Birds Nest said...

I'm finally back after more computer problems. I WILL get caught up on everything that you have been doing, but it might take me a few days. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!

Whitney and Allie said...

Think YAY!
The Bradshaws now have a blog!
scoot over and visit at http://comingupbradshaw.blogspot.com
I worked all yesterday to get alot of it up... but its together!
Victory - the Bradshaws (more specifically, Whitney)

Dena said...

MERRY MERRY sweet girl! I love you so much - my friends are such great CHRISTmas presents all year long!

The Birds Nest said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I definitely love this site. Thanks!



Feel free to surf to my blog rapid weight loss