Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

So I was informed by Kane (honorary Mommy in our playgroup) that I have one too many nicknames for my kids. Sorry Dude..it's how we roll round' here. Mama like a nickname....after all, my name is "Buffie"!!! So, here are 13 nicknames we use around this house with a small explanation of each if available. You know me and my details...hehe!!!

1. "Mac"- okay this is my son's name, but it is a nickname. Mac is a combo of Matthew and Coleman (his full name). This was how we compromised on what to call him. Plus, his initials are MCJ and that is the only info we gave before he was born. So we took to calling him baby Mac and it kind of stuck.
2. "Macabee"- a spin off of Mac
3. "Pumpkin"- Daddy and I have called him this since birth, such a pumpkin pie he is!!
4. "Brother"-My Dad and Aunt have always called their oldest brother "brother", this has to be where I picked this up.
5. "Nini"- Our dog's name is Jack and don't ask me how he is also a nini..
6. "Birdie"- another nickname for Jack. No idea..
7. "Kiki"- One of Lily Kate's many, many nicknames. She was a big kicker in the womb and didn't really stop once she was born. We also take it a step further and call her Kiki Lee, I really don't know why.
8. "Bitsy"- Lily Kate again. It came from a song I sing to her..."Bitsy bitsy boo, I love you!!" Mac sings it to her too and it is pretty cute. We also shorten it to "Bitty" sometimes since she is the smallest in the family.
9. "Sweet Pea"- I thought I would call her this once she was born since it is the flower for the month she was born in, but it didn't seem right once she got here. I use it every now and then.
10. "Sissy"- Lily Kate once more.
11. "Lils"- This totally came from Dena. Funny sidenote...I called Abby "Abs" one day and she corrected me by saying, "My name not Abs, it Abb-y-gail!!!"
12. "Buffie"- I have been called this since birth. I think after a cute little girl from a show long ago. My real name is Scarlette and no I won't go there.
13. "Honey"- what Michael and I call each other. I never ever heard my grandparents call each other anything but this.



post signature

5 comments:

Jeffcoat House said...

Cute list. You gots some creativity going on over there!

SHELLEY said...

now I FINALLY know where ALL those precious little names come from. miss you girl.

LeslieW. said...

You ARE a nickname family! How much fun, I will have to have Kane check it out!

Susie said...

Those are great! I think I have actually heard you use EVERYONE of them! Nicknames are a sign of affection so you can never have too many, BUF!

Dena said...

Heeee - that is just a drop in the name bucket I think dude - I am glad i got to make one up for lils - don't know why i love to call her that but you know i likes to throw a mix in da pot!