Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things I am eagerly anticipating...

1. The pollen disappearing. I mean to tell you I ran a week ago today and I am still not right. I even take allergy medicine everyday!!! I hate this!!!

2. Michael coming home. He had a small overnight business trip and I had a horrible dream about him last night. I can't wait to see him!!! The kids are ready for Daddy to be home too!!!

3. Our taxes to come in the mail. No, I don't mean the checks. Our accountant is out of town and he has to mail them to us. They are ready, but we have no idea what the outcome is and they can't tell us because of privacy act stuff. We are sooooo curious as to the outcome!!!

4. Easter!!! I love Easter!!! My in-laws are coming in this year and it should be really fun now that Mac is older and Lily Kate just does what he does. Easter egg hunts should be fun too this year!!!

5. The Flowertown Run. I have been trying really hard to get ready for this race. It will be my first attempt at trying to run the whole thing without stopping. It is only 5k, but hey, I am soooo not a runner. If I can do this I will be so excited!!! It is Saturday, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

6. The Flowertown Festival. Oh so much fun!! I love it!! There are so many vendors and booths filled with wonderful things. The azaleas are beautiful, the food is good and the kids love it!!! I love this festival here in town!!!

7. Warmer weather. Although our winter thus far has been short, I still can't wait to get outside and do stuff. The kids love it, Michael loves it and the time changing early has really gotten us in gear for it! We love taking walks after supper.

8. Retirement. Within the next 12 months, 4 of our 5 grandparents will be retiring!!!
We are so happy for them. I do have to admit I am curious to see what happens when they retire.....hopefully we will get to see them more often since they all live out of town!!

9. Lily Kate's birthday. My little bitty will be 2 in one month!!!! I can't believe it. As much as I can't wait to celebrate her special day, I am a little sad that she is getting so big so quick. I get sad when I pack away clothes that don't fit anymore.

10. My to-do list to get shorter. Things just keep getting piled higher and higher. I haven't been able to sew in forever and it is really irritating me. My bible study is falling behind, I just can't get it together. Maybe if I got off of this computer.....

11. The Avon Breast Cancer Walk. In October, Claire, Melissa and I are doing the Breast Cancer walk in Charlotte. We have to raise $1800 each and then walk 30+ miles over two days. It runs in each of our families, so we are serious about it. It is going to be so much fun!!!!

12. Shopping. This girl love a shopping trip. I can't wait to buy some new spring clothes with my birthday money!!!! It is my favorite time of year to shop for clothes.

13. My maid coming. Oh yeah, I don't have one. Anyway, I really can't wait until this house is clean.....whenever that is.


post signature

3 comments:

Jeffcoat House said...

Great list! You can send your maid to my house too :)!

Dena said...

Girl - you sooo funny! I can't wait to see you tomorry running down the street while I is sipping my frappucino on the porch! hehehehe
did we decide on a parade party?

how we get soooo busy?

LeslieW. said...

You sooooo need a maid! It is money well spent, I must say! To have everything clean at once is so rare with kids.