Monday, January 14, 2008

All swole' up....

Poor Lily Kate. She has had a rough last couple of days. Daddy and I woke up to her early Sunday morning screaming with a super high temperature. I knew right away it was teeth. She is expecting her eye teeth (Michael says canine, but I think that sounds like she's a dog, so I am saying eye teeth) and I know this because they are the only ones she hasn't gotten in and her nose has been running lately. So, she kept a high fever all day Sunday and was so whiny and mopey when she wasn't sleeping. Then today at lunch her tray came off of her booster seat unexpectedly and she went flying forward hitting another chair on her way down. The result was a shiner, a big one. She has bruised and scraped under her eye and even on her cheekbone. As I write this post, her eye is so swollen still, almost swollen shut. I gave her some tylenol tonight (thinking she must have a headache from the fall!) but I am quite sure it has had the opposite effect. She and Daddy are having a party in our bed right now!! Maybe we should call Annie (certainly she's awake!!)!!!




Other than that, things have been a little uneventful at the Jones house. Mac did take his first trip to the movies this weekend with Daddy. It was a reward for doing so well on his star chart for potty training. He and Daddy went to see the new Veggie Tales movie. Daddy really wanted to be there when he went to his first movie (so did Mimi, and we are terribly sorry about that!!!), but by the time they came home I could tell Daddy had had his fill. Oh well, it's over and done and didn't seem to be that big of a deal to him. He was more interested in the video arcade area. Shocking.



post signature

4 comments:

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Poor little Lilly Kate! Glad that those two teeth are coming in & hope it happens asap!

LeslieW. said...

Poor, Lils! I feel for her and giggled at the same time. She looks just pitiful. I hope she's feeling better soon!

The Birds Nest said...

Oh how pitiful!! I hate that for her!! I hope she is feeling better. You should have called Annie, you know she would have been partying like a rock star:)

Dena said...

That IS a shiner for sure - I have a feeling it hasn't slowed kiki lee down on bit!