Thursday, January 3, 2008

THURSDAY THIRTEEN!!!!!

Thirteen things going on in the Jones house right now....

With the new year, we haven't slowed down one bit. Here is a glimpse of what is currently going on with us.....

1. POTTY TRAINING!!! Lovely. Oh what a ride it has been. I was sadly mistaken to think it would take two weeks of hardcore, n leaving the house, running around naked, 100% focus on potty training. I thought I would take the two weeks the kids were out of school to do it. Mac is doing fabulous. I really cannot complain. He responded really well to treats if he went in the potty. So well that he was able to "hold" himself so that he would go a little each time and therefore accumulate more treats. Therefore it is a battle of the wills. So, yesterday I began a star chart...stay tuned.

2. Football. This is it. No more college football after this month and the NFL will end either this month or next. If it weren't for this, January would be my least favorite month of the year.

3. Toys, toys and more toys. We are swimming in them. Daddy is threatening to take 1/2 of them to goodwill and Mommy is constanly looking for parts of this and that. In between battery changes we are wondering why in the world we ever got them as much as we did for Christmas...they had plenty to begin with.

4. Running. I am going to sign up for two different runs within the next three months and really give it a shot. Therefore, I am going to be training!!!! Anyone want to join me??

5. Decepetion. Hmmmm, not really, but yes. I got a new cookbook for Christmas that I requested, Deceptively Delicious. It's recipes that have vegetables hidden in them so that you aren't running after your kids screaming, "just one bite!!!". Tomorrow we are having brownies with spinach in them...again, stay tuned.

6. Decorating. My new years resolution, to finish what I began over the summer. I will be painting and sewing when I'm not running, flushing or pureeing.

7. Dating!! No, not what you think. Michael and I have started something new, a date night once a week. I have a couple of friends who do this with their husbands and I must admit I was a bit jealous hearing about it. We are going to do our best to stick to it and you know Mama is excited about a night out!!

8. Shopping. I know it sounds crazy, but Michael and I of course got money and gift cards for Christmas and now is the time to spend it baby!

9. Downloading songs onto my new ipod!!! I am so in love with this thing...my own little computer!!

10. Sewing. It seems that my pile of mending is getting deeper and deeper. Not to mention the curtains that aren't finished (see #6).

11. Drooling over clothes. I have gotten about five different childrens clothing catalogs (for spring/summer) in over the last 2 weeks and they all are just adorable clothes!!! Plus Dena is getting Easter dresses in already!!! I thought her buying the store was a good thing, but I am sure to go in debt just knowing her...hehe!!

12. Weaning...oh the holiday food. It was so wonderful, but now it is time to get back to reality, the baking is over. sniff sniff.

13. Smiling. I am so happy...I have so much to be thankful for and it is going to be a wonderful year!!! Hugs and kisses to all!!!


post signature

3 comments:

LeslieW. said...

What a fabulous list, I am right there with you on many of those! Our Daddy is threatenin trashing the toys too!

Jeffcoat House said...

That is awesome! All of it sounds fab-U-lous! I love a date night and I'm jealous of the training schedule of running! Good for you, Buff-ster!

Dena said...

I may have to do some training with you but only if you promise not to laugh at me! I haven't gotten any catalogs but I can say I am very very excited about all the new stuff! I can't wait to have a chickpea cookie YUM!
Date night - ooohh lalalala!

Y'all gots some good stuff going on at the joneses