Sunday, January 6, 2008

Deceptive? YES

Delicious? Not so much. I got this cookbook for Christmas (at my request). It is full of recipes that are mostly kid friendly that have vegetables hidden in them. Who doesn't want their kid to eat more vegetables? I dove in to this cookbook head first and spent most of last weekend steaming, roasting, pureeing and freezing vegetables.



Over the last five days I have seen my children gag and even throw up more over their meals than ever. I am really not kidding. Michael and I have laughed so hard watching Mac gag (it only sounds cruel...wait until you try to make your kids eat something they don't want to!) I mean anyone who knows me knows that I love to cook. Love to. Yes, there are tons of corners to cut here like low-fat this and low-fat that. I skipped all that, used the real thing and this stuff is still pretty yucky. I will be making a couple of more things this week as I have already planned the meals and bought for them. They did eat a couple of things. I made the pizzas hiding pureed spinach under the sauce. Well of course it became visible after a bite or two. "Eat your pizza Mac!" "But Mommy, there's grass on it". The kids and I did eat the chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas, but so far that's it. They took like two bites of the brownies, two bites!! I'll definitely post if anything changes, but Michael went ahead and told me to take it to our garage sale pile. I also can't help but think about those poor Seinfeld kids. Do they seriously like this stuff? Bless their little hearts. They should come down here and visit. I'll make em' somthin' with bacon, butter or mayo and they won't ever want to go back!!! Hehe!!! Oh!! I almost forgot. My apologies Paula Deen!!! I should have known better than to stray!!!




post signature

10 comments:

Melissa W. said...

buffie! I just laughed so hard I think I pee-ed myself! The grass in the pizza is so darn funny! That is too bad about the book. I know it is bad if say so. darn!

Jeffcoat House said...

Oh no!!!! I wanted that book too! I am so glad you got it first and gave the thumbs down before I splurged.

Anonymous said...

That is pretty bad! I'm glad you played guinea pig for the rest of us, though!No go out there an bake up some REAL brownies for the kids! haha!

The Birds Nest said...

Apparently this cookbook is a deceptive, take your money, piece of crap:) Hehe!! I guess it should have been named Deceptively NOT Delicious!!!

Margaret said...

Pooh!!! I got the cookbook, too, but haven't tried it yet! Guess I'll stick it in our yard sale pile as well!

Thanks for the laughs---I loved the grass in the pizza! :)

Susie said...

You are so funny! I got that cookbook too but haven't used it. Maybe I'll put it aside for later. Paula is the best for sho'. When are we going for lunch?

Amy said...

Amen! I am in total agreement...I got the cookbook as a gift, but haven't used it...But I have friends who said it was nasty

Amy said...

PS--Paula for President!

Lindsay said...

ha ha! I got this right after she was on Oprah. We did love the chickpea chocolate chip cookies..my boys ate um up and I have only tried one other thing- the tofu nuggets- but they turned out really bad..I just havn't taken the time to get down with the puree stuff..thats funny Mac thought there was grass on his pizza!

LeslieW. said...

Now that is funny! I am glad you were the guinea pig...now the rest of us can save our money!