Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen "tools" I cannot live without as a Mommy....

1. Lovie's- both of my children have their own "lovie" and it is satin on one side and plelvet (pretend velvet) on the other. It is made by Little Giraffe and they have to have them to go to sleep; it is their ultimate comfort item and a must have in a meltdown situation.
2. Boudreaux's Butt Paste- Laugh if you will, but this stuff is the BEST out there; believe me I have tried all other diaper rash creams and this one is the only one I use.
3. Q-Tips- Around my house, I am known as the "nose nazi". I cannot stand a yucky nose and when tissue doesn't work, this does. My kids run when they see one of these in my hands!!
4. Baby Wipes- Other than the obvious use, my husband says this is the greatest invention on earth.
5. Travel size hand sanitizer- We are not germophobes, but when you're out in public and have a situation (see Tuesday's blog entry for a perfect example), this is perfect!!!
6. McDonalds Chicken Selects- Okay, so if you have to do fast food, you can always find a Mickey D's and these are the real deal.
7. A Matchbox Car- Mac can play with these anywhere and Lily Kate loves the cool metal on her gums.
8. Goodnight Moon- This is a classic that my kids never tire of hearing. It is the one book they won't dispute to hearing us read and it holds sooooo many memories for me each time I hear it.
9. Hyland's Teething Tablets and Motrin- Okay so teething is rough and if the tablets doesn't work then I try the motrin. Plus, when we travel and sickness ensues, Motrin is the wonderdrug.
10. Raisins- Both my kids love them and they are great for tiding them over til' our food comes when we go out to eat.
11. Zout- Seriously removes every stain I have come across; works awesome!!!
12. Car DVD player- Um, probably the best invention for Mom's since disposable diapers.
13. Playgroup- Okay, so this isn't a "tool" persay, but without playgroup, I wouldn't have adult time, other Mommies opinions that I trust, the most perfect friends for my children, sanity and the greatest group of friends ever!!!!

4 comments:

Dena said...

What a GREAT thirteen - Most things I don't use - but I would imagine would be nice - Reading these makes me feel soooo blessed
NO lovie - NO butt paste - No teething stuff - No germ stuff(we like dirty) No cars - I bet the Grannie wouold like zout !hahahaha

When are you pimpin da blog???
and I don't get that book although I have read it A LOT!

LeslieW. said...

That is a great list! Amen on the dvd and what would we ever do without lovies!!!

Jeffcoat House said...

YES x 13! I totally agree with Michael- baby wipes are awesome. They take crayon off of the table too!

re said...

Good work Buffie - I too am amazed by the many uses for baby wipes! Who knew??? Super props on the Lovey's - I have burglarized more than one church nursery or preschool to retreive ours when left behind!