Tuesday, October 2, 2007

10 Things that make me smile!!!

So I have been tagged by Claire to list ten things that make me smile. Hmmmm, only ten???



1. My husband. Humor is very important to me in a relationship and he is so witty; he can always make me laugh, but especially when he isn't trying. He is also the most supportive partner. We totally balance each other and he is such a strong man in that he doesn't shy from what he believes in. He's an incredible father and I am the lucky one in our relationship.
2. My babies!!! Especially when I go to get Lily Kate out of her crib in the morning and she is in the best mood. Mac makes me smile whenever I pick him up from school or the YMCA and he is SOOOOO happy to see me!! They also make me smile when they are laughing at each other or just laughing period. I love it when they chuckle.
3. My friends. I always can smile when I see them, even if I am in a yucky mood. They will always share my burden with me and if nothing else, try to cheer me up if I am down. Besides, just seeing them puts me in a good mood!! They always have a funny story, or good news, or ideas of stuff to do. They are the best!!
4. When God puts himself in front of me in an overly obvious way. If God is trying to tell me something and I am not listening, it can really make me smile when I finally hear him. For example, if there is something that I want to buy but he doesn't think that it is really a good idea, my effort to do so is stopped in some way or another: the store closes before I can get there, they are out of the item when I finally do make it, they only take cash or check and I have neither, etc. Conversely, when I totally do hear God's will and I obey it...that makes me smile too to know that I am doing the right thing.
5. Spin Class. Okay, maybe I don't smile during it, but afterwards I am feeling pretty dog gone good.
6. Helping a friend. The best thing to do to get out of myself is to help another...so if I am not smiling, I can do this and I will always end up with a smile on my face. I love it when someone asks for my help or to bend my ear and God just puts the words right in my mouth. It feels awesome when he speaks through me to others because it never just helps them, it helps me too.
7. Clothes shopping for my babies. I never tire of it.
8. Elaborating on number 8...a good bargain always makes me smile. Comparison shopping or finding the deal of the century makes my day because I know that Michael works hard so that I can stay home with my babies. This is my way of making sure his hard earned income goes far for all of us.
9. A good storm. Some people are scared of thunderstorms, but I love them!!! I love to watch the clouds roll in and then come inside where it's nice and dry to watch. We usually always need the rain around here, so I look forward to it for what it does for our surroundings but it is also so good to be stuck inside with my family every now and then. The hum of the frogs afterwards is nice too!
10. Sewing. I love to do it, even though I procrastinate about it. There is nothing like making something then using it in your everyday life. How gratifying!! Kind of goes back to number 8 too!!

I tag Susie!!!



post signature

6 comments:

Jeffcoat House said...

That was a super list!!

Dena said...

Those are great things - I do like number 7 myself!!!

The Birds Nest said...

Fabulous list!! I'm with you on #1. My husband is so witty, and makes me smile every day. #8- I live for bargains!!

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

Love the list! Wish I had time and energy to sew these days.... and I do love my witty hubbie as well. Not to mention a good bargain!

Lindsay said...

great list! I love 8 and 9 too!

Susie said...

Great list! I knew I liked you, we have so much in common. This is hard...I'll have to think on it a bit.