Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My sweet Mac....

















My dear sweet little boy, I cannot believe you are three years old today. I look at you and you have gotten so big...I think of how you were that tiny little infant that came into this world and you gave me the biggest suprise of my life. I never ever thought that I could love so deeply. I remember looking at you and saying, " I cannot believe that you are all mine!!!" and your Mimi said, "one day I will remind you that you said that!!!" I know that there are days when you push me, as you are all boy and you are three, but for the most part I am so very lucky because you are such a sweet little boy. Sometimes we have to resort to time outs or spankings, but not that often. You respond quite well to warnings and that makes me glad as I know that God only gives me as much as he and I can handle together. Therefore, he must know that I cannot handle much more than you send my way!!! I still remember when you used to fall asleep on my chest and hold on to the neckline of my shirt with your little hand....I could never ever get enough of you little one. I love you so much and until you have your own one day you will never know how much.



In this last year you have experienced so much!!! You have begun to talk quite clearly and incessantly. You talk nonstop matter of fact. You are the friendliest child; wherever we are, you greet everyone. I mean EVERYONE!! It would be safe to say that when you retire one day you would be a great Wal-Mart greeter! You fight with your sister just as much as you play with her and you do love her so...you love to giggle with her and make her laugh. You especially love to be chased, by her, me, anyone!!! Your cue for me to chase you is, "I'm gonna get that cutie bootie!!!" as this is what I say to you when I chase you!! Unfortunately you are terribly clumsy. This you get from me. You have the most beautiful blue eyes and smile, that brighten every day for Daddy and I. You love to lay down on your tummy and get eye level with all of your toys that have wheels and watch them go back and forth. You love milk...to the point of obsession. You can't stand to be messy...hands, nose, etc. You love music!!! This delights me and I will always try to nurture that love. You love to sing songs...zippity doo da is the latest of choice. You also love B-I-N-G-O, Baa Baa Blacksheep, ABC's and anything rap or by Rascal Flatts. Odd combination, but it's true. You are a dancing fool!!! You were born with beat!!! You absolutely adore your friends. You refer to them as "my kids". You love your sister too...if she is missing for a minute or more you ask where she is. You love to be the one to wake her up and you always help Mommy and Daddy with her. You have become quite a little helper around the house too! You love to help Mommy cook, do "fabors" for Mommy and you are so independent that you love to put your dishes up when you are finished as well as help with laundry. Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are so very, very greatful to have such a healthy, sweet, loving little boy. We are so proud of you and all that you have become and cannot wait to watch you grow and develop even more!! Happy 3rd birthday pumpkin pie!!!




post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute pictures. I hope your long birthday celebration was so much fun.

Melissa W. said...

Guess who cried reading...ME! loved every part of it. lucky girl and lucky Mac!

Dena said...

Awe - sooo sweet! he is such a darling - I must admit (I don't think anyone knows) I DO love me some Mac Attack! I just do love to kiss that face!!! I am glad he has gotten every moment out of this birthday!

Lindsay said...

That is wonderful and so many great pictures! You made me laugh with the comment that when he retires he can be a wal mart greeter. I could send Romie to join him...they are the friendliest little boys ever!

Susie said...

THat was so sweet! You are right about boys too! Thanks for such a touching read...

LeslieW. said...

Yay! Happy birthday Mac! I love the pictures! I got a little teary when I saw Michael with them! I can't wait for him to come home so you can touch his face!