Friday, September 28, 2007

Now I lay me down to sleep....

Every night Mac and I get on our knees to say our prayers before he goes to bed. He tries really hard to keep focused, but he is three after all. Here is how it goes each night...

MAC: Now I lay me down to sthleep
I pay da loord my sthoul to take
If I should die befoa I wake
I pay da loord my sthoul to take
blessth a famaly, nanna and pawpaw, papa and ganny, mimi and aunt
anda
(now the eyes are open, wandering around, getting distracted)
MOMMY: Mac, close your eyes, who else do you want to pray for?
MAC: Oh, tank you fa all are friendsth!!
(now he's looking at his toys)
oh, tank you for all a molocyclesth and BIG BIG trucksth!!!
MOMMY: How about Miss Sugar and Miss Lindsay?
MAC: and pay for Missth Sthuger and Cole and Donah and Dudah and Missth Lindsthee and...
(now we get a second win)
Oh and tank you all are popsthiclesth and all da' isth cweemth!!
in da fada, da sthuuwnn and da holy sthpirit, AMEN!!!

Now we can read a book???


post signature

4 comments:

Dena said...

He is such a seet boy with a great heart I mean COME ON - who isn't thankful for ICE CREAM - AMEN!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? You should be very proud of your sweet boy.

Jeffcoat House said...

Out of the mouths of babes and so precious! Ms. Lindsay and I definitely need the prayers. Thanks, Mac-Attack!

Lindsay said...

so sweet! and so glad to be prayed for by Mac!thanks!